Sunday, February 28, 2010

botulism is best?

Botulism... even sounds bad doesn't it? While I worked at a grocery store i learned about it. I was a box boy and got to see many dented cans of food. I thought big deal it is just a dent. Then I got in trouble for not taking the cans off of the shelf because the cans by being dented can cause botulism. Botulism is a nasty thing that is often brought about by the consumption of foods that have been poorly canned, or even something like inadequate amounts of preservatives in food. The symptoms of eating food with botulism can appear within 8 hours. They include paralysis, breathing difficulties that may lead to respiratory failure, vomiting and trouble swallowing or speaking.

Nasty huh, these are just a few of the things that can happen. Botulism is a very dangerous bacteria that if not dealt with fast enough can cause the death of the person who has it. Children are very susceptible to it because almost all of their foods are canned or bottled so to any who have young children, be careful.

While I wanted to talk about all of the awesome foods that are my favorites I Didn't because everyone needs to learn about these things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botulism
https://health.google.com/health/ref/Botulism

1 comment:

  1. wow. I had no idea what botulism was before reading this. I think I thought it was like... excessive sexual behavior. But that's "debauchery" compleeeetely different!

    ReplyDelete